Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Lost child after caesarean section, how quick to have kid again

Lost child after caesarean section, how quick to have kid again

Patient: Dear ser . my baby was dead after the ceserion delivery of my wife , i want to pregnit my wife after his 40 days of deliver, it is harmful or not for my wife and baby,

Doctor: I am sorry that you lost your child .As your wife has had the delivery by a Caesarean section it would not be wise for her to have another pregnancy so soon after the first operation. As the uterus is scarred during the operation it needs about 2 years for the scar to be healed effectively and also for your wife to recover her health.So I would advise you to wait for one to one and a half years before you start the next pregnancy.