Lost hair from wearing a cap

Patient

Q: Hey! I wear a cap everyday and sometimes my forehead swells when I wear a cap, and I just got a new short haircut and it seems like I've lost some hair on my forehead. Will I get my lost hair get back or do I have to live the rest of my life with a hole in my hair?

Doctor

From your history and description, it seems to me that you have developed a patch of alopecia aereata. You could google for images to compare if it matches with what you have.
In about 70% of cases, the hair will regrow on its own on about 6 months time.
However, in some patients, newer patches may develop or the hair may not regrow.
In such situation, treatment may be necessary.
Treatment includes intralesional steroid injection, topical steroid, topical tacrolimus and topical minoxidil.
It is not related to the use of a cap.
Hope this helps you.
Take care.