Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Lots of pain in lower back

Lots of pain in lower back

Patient: Ben having pain in lower back fills like someone is hitting me wifh electric

Symptoms: Pain about brings me to my nees

Doctor: Thank you for your question. The sharp, ‘electric’ like pains you are feeling in your lower back may be caused by a hern iated intervertebral disc, pressing against nerves within your back. This pain can become very severe and completely restrict the range of motion. We recommend that you seek medical evaluation of this immediately by your doctor. You will have a physical examination of your lower back, as well as diagnostic imaging in order to determine the severity of this possible herniated disc. The treatment of this if diagnosed, will include analgesic pain medication, and physiotherapy. In more severe cases, surgical repair will be required. Please see your doctor.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com