Low Alkaline Phosphatase and Low Vitamin D

Patient : What would be the significance of low alkaline phosphatase levels AND low vitamin D levels? My doctor wants to put me on prescription Vitamin D but I am reading that excessive Vitamin D can cause alkaline phosphatase levels to DROP. When I asked my doctor about the alkaline phosphatase, his response was, "I don't know what that means." I am a 47 yr old female with ITP but otherwise in good health, just struggling recently with EXTREME fatigue. My platelets levels have been steady (low, but normal for me in the 60-80 range).
Doctor :   Even though it is possible to have an overdose of vitamin D, the phenomenon is very rare. You may need to take a lot of vitamin D in order to reach toxic levels. If you are suffering from health problems such as liver of kidney problems or are using drugs like thiazide diuretics, you may be prone to vitamin D toxicity. Alkaline Phosphatases are a group of enzymes found primarily the liver and bone. Increased levels of vitamin D can lower Alkaline Phosphatase levels in the body causing loss of teeth, bone fractures and bone pain. I do know that you are concerned because of what you've read on the internet. I would like to assure you that vitamin D toxicity is unlikely when you receive therapeutic dosages. I hope the information helps, take care.