Low HCG level in 3.5 weeks. Is my HCG really low to worry?

Patient

Q: Hi, My LMP was 11/07/2014 but, i know we started trying for baby only after 11/15/2014. Since doctor is calculating from LMP she says i am 5 weeks pregnant now. I had a beta hcg done on 12/04/14 i.e as per doc i was be 3.5 weeks pregnant and the result was 179.8. I am worried since then as doc says it is quite low for 3.5 weeks pregnancy. Can you please tell me what should be the proper reading for hcg at 3.5 weeks? I am going for a usg on 20th i.e as per doc i will be 6 weeks by then but, i am too worried as my hcg was low and per my calculation i would be only 5 weeks then.

Symptoms:  Pregnancy
Doctor

It is to be understood that gestational age is to be calculated from LMP for all practical purposes unless dating scan which would be performed on 20th would show a dating discrepancy or your periods had been irregular and you didn't have good dates, in those cases USG LMP is taken for calculation.So at 5 weeks your HCG values are really less, but it is possible that you may have had a delayed conception, so the beta hcg levels are in accordance with that. If a beta hcg test is repeated after 48 hrs of the previous test and the levels are double , it indicates a growing pregnancy and possibly a viable pregnancy.
Hence , get the usg done and they would be looking for a gestational sac with fetal pole and a possible fetal cardiac activity which should get established by 6 weeks mostly and they may perform a hcg test again to look for raised levels. A 6 week hcg level should be 5000 around.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
wishing you good health,
regards