Low neutrophils, high lymphs

Q: Age 61
Wbc 4.0 Neutrophils 37 Lymphs 51 Creatinine, Serum 1.28

Should I be concerned, and if so Any idea what might be going on?

Symptoms:  Age 61, fatigue; Wbc 4.0, Neutrophils 37, Lymphs 51, Creatinine, Serum 1.28. Should I be worried, and if so any idea of what might be going on?

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible that minor increase in lymphocytes and decrease in neutrophils could be due to an infection that you contraction. These cells are part of your body's immune system and respond in times of an acute infection. Your other lab values are within normal range, and we are not certain what the 'Serum 1.28' is referring to. Since you were suffering from fatigue, it is possible that this was a physiological response to fighting an infection you may have contraction. Should your fatigue continue to increase, please follow up with your doctor.

Thank you for choosing Askthedoctor.com