Low progesterone levels on Progesterone cream.

Patient

Q: My wife is currently taking progesterone after a cycle of clomid. Her progesterone levels have decreased since being on progesterone cream. What would or could cause this?

Symptoms:  Low Progesterone
Doctor

There is no reason for progesterone to decrease with clomiphene use. It has to be understood that during the initial 15 days of the cycle progesterone value is low and it rises after the ovulation , so if the test has been performed in the first 15 days of the cycle , the value of progesterone would naturally found to be low.

I hope i have answered your query,
regards