Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Low progesterone levels on Progesterone cream.

Low progesterone levels on Progesterone cream.

Patient: My wife is currently taking progesterone after a cycle of clomid. Her progesterone levels have decreased since being on progesterone cream. What would or could cause this?

Symptoms: Low Progesterone

Doctor: Hello,There is no reason for progesterone to decrease with clomiphene use. It has to be understood that during the i nitial 15 days of the cycle progesterone value is low and it rises after the ovulation , so if the test has been performed in the first 15 days of the cycle , the value of progesterone would naturally found to be low.I hope i have answered your query,regards