Low skin sensitivity

Patient

Q: Hi there, for a while I have been pondering why I have extremely low skin sensitivity, especially in areas which are commonly highly sensitive. I use to be ever so ticklish, and this too is no longer the case. This is not a new finding, I fact it's probably years now that this has been the case. For example, when experiencing intimate moments with my partner, I can close my eyes and not know what or where he is touching even on and around (but not exclusively) the breasts. It is not a numbness but certainly extremely low sensitivity. What could the cause of this be?
I have experienced great emotional numbness, could this be a contributing factor?

Doctor