Low Sugar drinks

Patient : What drinks can I buy from general shops that have low sugar, I am a postman, and constantly on the move, I find myself at a loss to what drinks I can buy from shops that have low sugar. any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. We first would like to state that we do not endorse any specific brands or claims made by s pecific companies. There is no better substitute to water. It is your body's natural, and the best form of hydration your body can get that has zero sugar. Regular fruit juices, sodas, sports drinks are all very high in sugar by volume. In fact a regular 355ml can of soda can contain up to 15 teaspoons of sugar by volume. There are many drinks that contain artificial sweeteners. Often labeled 'Diet', they are low sugar options however, there is a lot of speculation as to the affects on artificial sweeteners on one's health, so we recommend that you use these types of drinks in moderation. One method you can employ is diluting your drinks with water. For example, you can take a sports drink, and make a 1/3 sport drink to 2/3 water preparation. This will decrease the amount of sugar you are getting in a serving, as well provide you with the similar flavour. Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com