Low testosterone, erectile dysfunction

Q: Hello doctor, MY husband (27 years) and I are newly married and we couldn't make intercourse together due to insufficient erection of my husband , when we do some investigations we found total testosterone is 0.9 while normal range of laboratory was 2.4-8.3 . the doctor told him to take a testosterone injection one each week for four weeks . Now we are confused is it lifetime treatment ? or it can come to normal level later? can we have children or not ? when i searched online i knew it may be due to testicles underproduction or pitutary , how to know which one is the impaired part ?
is it make difference ? he did semen analysis 2 years ago and it was normal. is there no relation between testosterone level and sperm number ?

Symptoms:  Insufficient erection , depression.

A:   Thanks for your question.
Male sexual arousal is a complex process that involves the brain, hormones, emotions, nerves, muscles and blood vessels.
Erectile dysfunction can result from a problem with any of these.
Stress and mental health problems can cause or worsen erectile dysfunction.
Sometimes a combination of physical and psychological issues causes erectile dysfunction.
For instance, a minor physical problem that slows your sexual response may cause anxiety about maintaining an erection. The resulting anxiety can lead to or worsen erectile dysfunction.
Symptoms of low testosterone levels are low energy, erectile dysfunction , low sex drive etc.
In your case ,there is low testosterone causing less sexual drive, leading to ED (erectile dysfunction )
Now point wise your answers:
1.Testosterone replacement therapy is not for life as it is fraught with many risks and so always to be weighed in terms of advantages and disadvantages of taking it for life.
2. Bearing child has nothing to with Testosterone level.It is the semen which is responsible, so you can be a father .
3. There could be clinical and laboratory tests which distinguish between the two -testicular or pituitary reason of low testosterone.
4. Testosterone level has no role over sperm count .
Hope it helps.