Low testosterone for a young man?

Q: Hello, I am a 25 year old man who has had no major health problems throughout my life. However recently i have noticed my energy level is low, i can't work out like i used to, weight gain, sex drive decrease, depression and general not caring about life. I am a man who for the last 5 or 6 years been in the best shape of my life. I work out regularly, train in MMA, and play sports. However like i said, in the last 6 or 7 months my body and mind just feels burnt out. I have heard it could be low testosterone, but i know generally for men in my age that does not happen yet. I am wondering if this is actually possible and if so, what should i do?

A:   Though low energy due to decreased levels of testosterone in the body is a possibility, however it may be unlikely in your case. I would advise that you try out some lifestyle modifications before undergoing necessary tests. I would advise eating a balanced diet, taking adequate rest and reducing stress. Research has shown that both information overload and pushing your body too hard can zap energy. You can try reducing the intensity of your workouts and get additional amount of sleeptime. A 60-minute "power nap" can not only reverse the mind-numbing effects of information overload, but also rejuvenate the body. If these measures do not help get your testosterone, thyroid levels and hemoglobin checked. I wish you well, take care.