Low Testosterone Level. Nineteen Years old. I have MANY QUESTIONS, please answer

Patient

Q: Hello everyone,
I'm new to this website, I'm not sure if I'm posting in the wrong section so if i am, my apologies.
I'm 19 years old, turning 20 in about 3 months. As a baby one of my testicles never descended. It was never a problem for me, until these past few months i started noticing that it was harder for me to gain muscle in comparison to my friends, so I went to get my testosterone level checked. It came out to be 297 ngdL. I know this is towards the low side, I'm scheduling an appointment soon with am endocrinologist to see if I can get some treatment and boost my levels up. My questions are: if I had gotten my testosterone checked earlier and started the treatment years ago, would my penis and testicle have grown more? do you think it would've been a major impacting difference? If I go in the treatment now, is there a chance that they'll still grow more? I don't really have a problem with my penis, but lets be real, no matter how big your penis is, what guy wouldn't want it to be bigger.
What else would've been the outcome if I had started the testosterone therapy earlier? Would it have been better for me to have started it back then or is this a better age? What are the side effects of the testosterone treatment? Do testosterone boosters that are sold over the counter get the same job done as the therapies? Anyways to add more details to make it easier to answer the questions: I never got my testosterone checked before, nor did it ever cross any of my doctor's mind because over all I've always seemed quite healthy. I'm 5'11, 190 lbs, slim and some what muscular. My penis is about 6.5 inches erect, my sex drive is outstanding. I'm probably more active than most guy's my age. I have sex or masturbate daily. I've had numerous sex partners and never had a problem with any of them. No one has ever noticed or even thought that I only have one testicle. I have a plenty of secondary sex characteristics such as: facial hair, somewhat a deep voice, and more hair than I ever wanted through out my chest, legs etc. Nor have I ever suffered from erectile dysfunction. I don't suffer from depression, but there's some over normal anxiety here and there. As you can see i don't really have any symptoms of low testosterone, the only ones that made me want to go take a test is that my wrists and hands are skinny and that it's harder for me to gain muscle than most of my friends. Is it essential that I get the therapy? what if the doctor says I'm fine? Should I persist? will having a better level of high testosterone on my body decrease my anxiety problems? thank you for reading this.

Doctor