Low wbc; normal rbc and high hemoglobin leveldoes this relates

Patient

Q: Low wbc; normal rbc and high hemoglobin level.does this relates in having aids?

Doctor

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com

In HIV/AIDS infection, the CDC count progressively goes down, by the time of which there are symptoms suggestive of the infection. There will be constant lung infections, diarrhea, loss of weight, fever, swollen lymph nodes, e.t.c
An isolated low WBC count could just indicate low immunity, which can happen following viral infection.
You can discuss this finding with your physician who knows your medical history in detail. Or you can post a fresh query with details of your medical history and exposure.

Hope this was helpful,