Lower abdomen pain when urinate and light blooed unsire about pregnancy

Q: For the past 2 days I have been urinating constantly and when I am done it feels painful in my lower abdomen (like the feeling i got when i went into labor with my daughter. not as painful but a feeling like i need to push) and today I have been bleeding. not like my period (which isnt due for another week) but a very light blood when i wipe myself. I am sexually active so i am not ruling out pregnancy but this feels different then when I was before so I am curious... Is there anything else that can cause these symptoms?

A:   I understand your concern about your condition. Certainly these symptoms could be caused by a urinary tract infection especially Cystitis which is an infection of your bladder.
A bladder infection can be painful and annoying, and can become a serious health problem if the infection spreads to your kidneys. Bacterial bladder infections may occur in women as a result of sexual intercourse. During sexual activity, bacteria may be introduced into the bladder through the urethra. But even sexually inactive girls and women are susceptible to lower urinary tract infections because the female genital area often harbors bacteria that can cause cystitis.
Antibiotics are the first line of treatment for cystitis caused by bacteria. Which drugs are used and for how long depend on your overall health and the bacteria found in your urine.
Usually symptoms improve significantly within a day or so of treatment. However, you'll likely need to take antibiotics for three days to a week, depending on the severity of your infection. No matter what the length of treatment, take the entire course of antibiotics prescribed by your doctor to ensure that the infection is completely eradicated. I would suggest you to consult your primary care physician for a more detailed evaluation and prescription of antibiotics, I would also suggest you to drink plenty of fluids, urinate frequently especially after having sex and wipe from front to back. All these recommendation will help reducing your chances of having a UTI. I wish you a prompt recovery.