Lower Abdomen Swollen Feeling After Several UTI Treatments


Q: Hi,

I had a UTI about a month ago that was treated with antibiotics. Since that time, I have had a weird bloated feeling in my lower abdomen, feeling like I have to urinate, but not much comes out. It doesn't hurt to pee, but I have a constant hot, tingly feeling where I assume my bladder is.

I've taken 3 total types of UTI/Kidney antibiotics and nothing is making it go away. Is it something else, possibly in the uterus?


Symptoms:  Warm, tingly feeling in abdomen. Frequent urge to urinate with little passing. No pain when peeing, but constant bloated feeling in lower abdomen.

A:   Hello,
If you happen to experience symptoms of urgency in spite of courses of antibiotics then it is advisable that you may get a urine culture done to rule out or isolate any organisms which may be probably resistant to the course of antibiotics you have undertaken.
Constant bloating is unlikely to be due to UTI but rather due to dyspepsia is common. You may opt for antacids or PPIs like pantoprazole to take care of bloating, available on prescription.
I hope I have answered your query in detail,
wishing you good health,

Related Q&A

Q: For 10 days I have had a sharp pain in the left side of my penile shaft. I am not sure about the cause. It feel it ...

Q: I was on amoxicillin for a round of that for a sinus infection and a UTI I've now had a cough With some mucus very an...

Q: Hello. I am a 41 y/o woman and have been on yasmin for 8 years. A few months ago i had abnormal discharge and bleedin...

Q: I suffer from recurring UTIs. Tried Nitrofurantoin. Didn't work. Currently on Bactrim -- I am at the beginning of ...

Q: My partner and I have both been tested for gonorrhea. Her test came back positive and mine negative. She said her doc...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon