Lower Abdominal Pain

Patient: I have been experiencing lower abdominal pain for the last month so I decided to visit a OB/GYN . I was told there were no physical appearances of genital warts or genital herpes. I had some discharge and that came up as a yeast infection (Candido Vulvo-Vaginitis). I also gave a urine sample to be checked for gohonorrhea and chlamydia. The doctor prescribed me Fluconazole for the yeast infection. After consuming the prescription, it’s at least a week since I’ve taken it and im still experiencing abdominal pain. The doctor told me I would feel better in a week. I am currently on the last few days of my period and I dont have cramps, just abdominal pain.

Symptoms: lower abdominal pain

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Your lower abdominal pain could be due to the inflammation from your yeast infection. Howev er, if you pain worsens, and lasts after your period ceases, please see your doctor to be reevaluated. Certain conditions like pelvic inflammatory disease could start off as low grade lower abdominal pain and worsen over time.Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com