Ask The Doctor > Pending > Lower abdomonal pain and backache on the right

Lower abdomonal pain and backache on the right

Patient: I have miscarried for the second time 3 weeks ago, at 6 weeks, I was 8 weeks the first time. 2 weeks before I started getting what felt like period cramps and sharp stabbing pains in my lower abdomen, my G.P. told me that it was nothing to worry about i would get all kinds of funny pains and not to worry unless I started bleeding. Needless to say that it was too late by then. After going to the early pregnancy clinic they scanned my ovaries which they said were normal and if the pain continued after a few days to go back to my G.P. I left it 2 and a half weeks and went back as i am now getting period like cramps and back ache, still with the sharp stabbing pains over my right ovary area. My G.P. told me that it was probably a reffered pain from my neck! i am 29 years old and have had the depo injection since i was 17. I am worried that it could be endometriosis that has been masked by the depo. I only stopped having that when we started trying to concieve a year ago.

Doctor: