Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Lower back and below pain

Lower back and below pain

Patient: Im 56yrs old and my tectics or my privete parts and lower back hurts everyday for sometime now like yrs.

Symptoms: Private parts hurt

Doctor: Thank you for your question. At you age, lower back pain and associated testicular and genital discomfort could be assoc iated with prostate cancer. This is by no means a diagnosis but it is very important to ere on the side of caution and go to your doctor to be examined and have laboratory testing performed. You will have a digital rectal examination of your prostate along with ultrasound and blood testing. If diagnosed with prostate cancer, depending on the stage of cancer, you may need surgery, chemotherapy and radiation therapy. Please see your doctor immediately.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com