Lower back and hip pain that moves around.

Patient

Q: About the middle of September I started having this throbbing pain in my left knee, shin and upper foot. It just started out of the blue and would come and go. Then after a couple of months or so it started easing off. Then pain started in the right hip and lower back area. After some time the pain in the left knee, shin and upper foot stopped and then the pain was in both the left and right hips and lower back area. The pain seems to move around. Right now I don't have any pain in the left hip and lower back area but some shooting pain once in a while in the upper left foot. But most now it is in the right lower back and hip area and once in a while in the right shin. Help PLEASE..

Symptoms:  Pain
Doctor

Thanks for your query.
I have gone through your query and understand your concern.
Cause of such pains can be due to vitamin deficiencies especially vitamin D3 and vitamin B12. You can get your vitamin D3 and vitamin B12 test and if found low these can be supplemented. Analgesic such as ibuprofen can be taken for pain relief.
Second possibility is pain due to degenerative changes as these are common in your age. Glucosamine is helpful to slow its progression. Analgesic such as ibuprofen can be taken for pain relief.
Hope your query get answered.
Wishing you a good health. Take care.