Lower back pain

Patient

Q: Hello.
I'm experiencing swelling on my left side and discomfort in my lower back. I suspect I have a herniated disc in my lower back because I can feel the disc slip with certain movements. I have no other symptoms other than swelling and lower back pain. My appetite is normal and I still exercise daily. Could the slipped disc be the reason for the swelling and what are the remedies?

Doctor

A:   You have complained of swelling associated with discomfort in lower back. Slipped disc usually does not present with swelling but is associated with back ache, which often get radiated along lower limbs. Mostly it could be a sprain or spasm that resulted in swelling or discomfort. But to confirm a X-ray of spine will be helpful. Consult a orthopedician with the x-ray for further management. Restrict torso exercises till you visit a doctor as then perform exercises as advised by the doctor.

Patient: Thank you.
Guest: When I cough pain in my lower back causes me to buckle down to the floor
Guest: good day im from Halifa nova scotia scotia canadaand hate to bother you but i rupjurd my lumburg spine in and around 78 then the chronicpain syndrme came in from the courts they denied my claim but i apealed denied went to the tribuntal againest W.C.B.i continued to search the webband they saidi had DISH DISCOVERES IN 2001 I ALSO FOUND THAT IT WAS DEGENERATED AND YOU LEARNED DOCTORS SAID THE DEGENERATION COULD HAVE COME FROM THE SPINE INJURY MY dOCTOR ALSO SAID THIS IS IN YOUR BODY FROM BIRTH SOMETIMES I RUBJURED MY SPINE AND THEY FOUND SOME SPURS I GUESS WERE DAMAGED ABACK SPECIALIST SAID HE WASENT SURE IF dIS WAS RESPONSIABLE FOR MY PAIN SO NOW IM AN ADDICT TAKEN 64 MGS OF MORPHONE A DAY I ALSO SUFFER FROM DEPRESSION I WAS WALKING MY DOG AND FELL DAMAGED MY RIBS BUT TO GET ME OFF THERE BACK SAID AT FIRST IT LOOKED LIKE THEY WERE GOING TO AGREE ON THE CHRONIC PAIN BUT I HAVE SEVERAL BACK INJURIES THEY SAID THAT DISH CAUSED ALL THE PPAIN I KNOWIM A BOTHER BUT IM CONCERENED ABOUT THE DRUGS ALS FELLL AND FRACTHURED MY HIP SO THINGS ARE NOT SO GOOD IS IT TO YOUR OPENION THAT THE DEGENERATED DIEASE WAS PART OF THE ACCIDENT YOUR HELP WOULD BE VERY WIZEF YOU IF SO I CAN CARRY ON I PAID FOR ALL MY DRUGS BUT THE DIDENT EVEN HAVE THE RIGHT THING TO DO WAS TO PAY FOR THE DRUGS AGAIN I THANK YOU AND WISH YOU A GODDAY STILL WINTER HERE I GUESS IT WILL NEVER GOAWAY AND THE WCB CAN BLAME THAT FOR MY PAIN ONE THING I FORGOT A TOP SURGEN REFUSED TO OPERATE BECAUSE OF THE CLOSEAT TO THE SPINE THANK YOU AND HAVE A GREAT DAY BOB
Guest: i have a back up my back
Guest: Hi... My name is Linda and I am 34 yrs of age...
I have been getting a Blood check every 6mth because my GP wants to monitor my Vit B12 and RBC Folate because there always extremely high... I have cut bread and wheat from diet and I take no Vitamins never have..
Last week my GP requested I get a CT scan on my lower back spine ( I have bad back pain) the test came back showing I have bulging disk L3/4 and L4/5 and also a sceltoric focus measuring 10mm on the right side consistent to a begin bone island...
I also have multiple nodules in my Thyroid which I get checked every yr including biopsy..
I getting tired of been treated like a Guinea Pig and would like a dr to just explain what all this means...
What is a bone island and what does your B12 mean.
Thanks
Guest: Sir i have back pain from last one week and i had it 2 yrs before. So kindly can you tell me about it.
Guest: I was injured on the job by continuously unloading packages of different size, shape and weight. I can not be on my feet over about 30-40 minutes, my back starts hurting and I have to sit down for about 15 minutes for the pain to go away....HELP