Lower back pain after weight lifting strain

Q: I'm a thirty year-old male, and I have been strength training for a few years. Nearly three months ago I was engaging in Leg Presses. The Leg Press machine had me laying down and pressing the weight up with my legs (1,000 pounds - a great deal of weight for me and in hindsight too much).

My back had felt slightly tender before I started, but I didn't think anything anoint it. After completing a few sets, I noticed how sore and stiff I had become. For nearly two weeks I could barely do anything, and laid down on a heating paid whenever possible. I have also taken Ibuprofen and haven't had any improvement. I have been rendered sedentary for three months.

The pain is in my lower back, around my tailbone or coccyx. I can't always tell where the pain resonates from. It hurts to sit after a while, and likewise to stand. I do feel some numbness at times, but nothing serious, nor any pain in my legs.

I'm not sure of I have a fracture or herniated disc, or perhaps something else.

I've held off getting test done because I won't have insurgence for two more months. Though I'm in a little pain am stressing out because I can't exercise at all.

What kind of advice can you offer me? Do I need to simply fork up the money and get an MRI and CT Scan?

Thanks and God bless!

Symptoms:  Constant dull or accumulative pressing pain, with periodical numbness of the lower back or coccyx.