Lower back pain and constipation

Patient

Q: My problem is that i have had on and off constipation just over a month now, i eat healthy and drink plenty of fluids. I also think this issue could be related to my lower back injury, as there is a slight herniation in l5/s1. But i am told by my GP that the herniation isnt severe and I am able to do my everyday activities. I have had an MRI and been told i do not need any surgrey as it is not severe.

Also, when i go to the toilet, my lower back begins to hurt and i get numbness in my right calf and foot. I should mention this injury occured at the gym about 3 months ago, the firsr 2 weeks prior to the injury i was im severe pain but it got better overtime. However, its been about a month since i have been having constipation, on and off - and i hate it. I dont like going doctors so i hope to get an answer asap. Hope to hear from you.

Karan

Symptoms:  Lower back pain, constipation, siacatia
Doctor