Lower back pain and cramping 7 days after ovulation

Patient: I have been experiencing heavy cramping and lower back pain. After ovulation and its been 7 days the same. Also milky white and brown discharge. My breasts are not sore but my nipples are tender. I have dry mouth and the metallic taste. Could you please tell me anything about my symptoms

Symptoms: Cramping, lower back pain

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Your symptoms are indeed a cause for concern but there needs to be more evaluation in order to determine what is happening here. If you are sexually active, it is possible that you may be pregnant, and these symptoms you are experiencing are a result of this. Another possible cause is that you may have contracted a sexually transmitted infection, and as a result you may be experiencing symptoms of this. It would be best if you go to your doctor and have a pelvic examination performed along with a pregnancy test to assist determining with certainty what is causing your abdominal cramping.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com