Lower back pain assistance.

Q: Hello. I injured my back in a wreck in December of 2011 ( shattered some vertebrae in each of the three sections ), however, it did not begin to hurt everyday until about a year after the wreck. Now I can feel it hurting even in my sleep. It pains me the worst standing still after only a minute or so at most and I have to sit on a pillow to ease the pain. Sleeping on my stomach is not possible anymore as when my back is arched it makes it worse. Please, what could be wrong?

Symptoms:  Extreme lower back pain everyday. Feels like something is pushing together? It just hurts.

A:   Hi,
Thanks for your query.
I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You have got chronic backache. As there was a pain-free period between injury and pain so it unlikely to be directly related to it however it may be responsible for aggravation of pain. Treatment of it is back exercises, calcium and multivitamins. You can get your vitamin D3 levels as it is important cause of backache. If found low you can get its supplements. You can further investigate it by MRI of lumbar spine. Hope your query get answered.
Wishing you a good health. Take care.