Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Lower Back Pain By lift in the weight room. I swat a heavy weight.

Lower Back Pain By lift in the weight room. I swat a heavy weight.

Patient: I’m a high school football player that lift in the weight room.A few months ago i sqauted heavy weight.now my lower back has been hurting since what should I do?

Symptoms: Lower Back Pain

Doctor: Hi,Thank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. There are pro bably two possibilities. One is muscular strain . Another possibility is acute disc prolapse. It can be confirmed by MRI of lumbar spine. Treatment of both is similar. Bed rest in lateral position with both hips and knees flexed. Analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief can be useful. Acute disc prolapse takes more time than muscular pain. Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.