Lower back pain,clicking/grinding and a sort of bruise like mark

Patient

Q: I have a very painful but dull pain in my lower back for over two weeks. I have tried leg raises and can manage them to a decent height until something clicks/grinds- and the same happens again when I lower them. It is then incredibly painful. Lying is sore but sitting is very painful and I can now feel it in hips and buttocks. I have been told there is a kind of bruise at the epicentre of the pain but I have not banged it or been partaking in any strenuous activity.

Symptoms:  Sore back
Doctor