Lower back pain (due to accident) aggravated inspite of taking medicines.

Patient : I met with an accident last week, where I was hit by a two-wheeler from behind. My back is worst hit apart from my elbow. No physical injuries. Symptoms: I cannot sit for a long time... I keep walking every now and then... even at work. The worst being, I am unable to sleep at night, I unconsciously turn over to the side I'm hit at, due to which I cannot get up in the morning , and then the pain continues for the whole day. I took a day off from work, and got an appointment. The doctor prescribed me NELNAC SP and MYORIL 4mg tablets for 3 day course. MY course is over and I still suffer from the pain. The pain has simply aggrevated. Should i go to the doc again for another examination? or should I keep continuing the medicines prescribed? P.S: I got hit on the same place before as well.. that in a bus... when another bus from behind hit the bus I was in.. That was the beginning of my back pain.. We don't have a baby, and we are planning for a baby as well in future.. I do not want my back pain to a problem during my pregnancy and later on.. Please advice...
Doctor :   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: I have pain in my shins after being on my feet for a while. The orthopedist thought it was sciatica, but my primary d...

Q: Is upper back pain normal with strept throat ?

Q: I have had a two level Spinal Fusion but the surgery has not worked or helped with my pain levels which have increase...

Q: Chronic lower back pain a right shoulder stuffiness

Q: I had an MRI for some back problems but it came back with this: "Small 1.3 cm lesion in the prepontine cistern, ...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon