Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Lower back pain due to lifting much without being in shape

Lower back pain due to lifting much without being in shape

Patient: I have a lower back pain that just keeps intending overnight. I use to help the pain and it works during the day but then I try to apply a heat type of pomade to the area and the pain resurfaces again. I know that the injury is due to me lifting to much weight in my workout without being back in full shape. I need to know if this is a lawyer back muscle strain or something more serious?

Symptoms: Thriving pain in lower back

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Your lower back pain may be due to lower back muscle strains, or even due to a more serious condition where an intervertebral disc of the lumbar spine becomes herniated. This can occur in occupations where heavy lifting is required. We recommend that for the time being you try to perform light duties at your occupation in order to prevent further exacerbation of your injury. Furthermore, we recommend that you go to your doctor have a full examination of your lower, along with x ray or MRI imaging to determine the severity of this injury. Once diagnosed, the appropriate treatment will be prescribed to you.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com