Lower Back Pain with Frequent Urination

Patient

Q: Hi my name is Brandy. I have been experiancing pain while passing urine for the past 3 days and now i have bad pain in my lower back where i believe to be my left kidney. I also have the feeling that i need to urinate frequently even if its only a tingle.

Doctor

A:   The sequence of your symptoms suggests an initial bladder infection that has spread to your left Kidney.  Most doctors would recommend treating it with antibiotics in the early stage to prevent further spread to the blood stream and other organs.
Please see your family physician for a recommendation on antibiotics for you. If you experience high fevers and vomiting, a visit to the ER would be reasonable.