Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Lower back pain with pins and needles into leg and feet

Lower back pain with pins and needles into leg and feet

Patient: Hi there, I had a work injury on the 11 of feb 2011 i have been off work. Iam stll have a lot of pain in the lower back wiith pain and needles down both my legs and in my feet and in my gron. with burning down both legs. i just had a ct lumbuar spine the report state L34 there is minor deformity of the posterior disc margin, no focal disc protrusion L5s1 there is a minor loss of disc height with an early diffuse annular bugle would you be able to tell what i should do next. I also have been having phisyo as well.

Doctor: You may want to try any or a combination of the treatment options like chiropractoric or osteopathic adjustments, pain m edications or epidural steroid injection, rest followed by slow mobilization and physiotherapy, which you have already been following. In case your symptoms worsen or develop any other neurological deficits or bowel or bladder dysfunction, you should visit the emergency or consult a neurosurgeon for further evaluation of the condition.You may want to try any or a combination of the treatment options like chiropractoric or osteopathic adjustments, pain medications or epidural steroid injection, rest followed by slow mobilization and physiotherapy, which you have already been following. In case your symptoms worsen or develop any other neurological deficits or bowel or bladder dysfunction, you should visit the emergency or consult a neurosurgeon for further evaluation of the condition.