Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Lower back pain with Spondylosis

Lower back pain with Spondylosis

Patient: I am 40 years old male suffering from lower back pain. i got digital x ray and conclusion was” slightly reduced L5-S1 disk space with possible spondylitic changes. if sit long time in one posture , my both legs sleep. feel tired soon and can not stand and walk for more than couple of hours. in the morning dont feel energetic. i have very comfortable life style and doing business.

Doctor: For the management of lower back pain due to spondylosis, non-surgical treatment options include yoga, massage, physical therapy, analgesics, anti-inflammatory drugs, lifestyle modification, or nerve block injections. Stretching and strengthening exercises for the back and abdominal muscles can help prevent future recurrences of pain by increasing the strength, flexibility and range of motion. Lumbosacral orthotics may be used to decrease the lumbar load by stabilizing the lumbar spine. If none of these seem to help with your symptoms, you may opt for the available surgical options for treatment.For the management of lower back pain due to spondylosis, non-surgical treatment options include yoga, massage, physical therapy, analgesics, anti-inflammatory drugs, lifestyle modification, or nerve block injections. Stretching and strengthening exercises for the back and abdominal muscles can help prevent future recurrences of pain by increasing the strength, flexibility and range of motion. Lumbosacral orthotics may be used to decrease the lumbar load by stabilizing the lumbar spine. If none of these seem to help with your symptoms, you may opt for the available surgical options for treatment.