Lower Back. Physical Therapist

Patient : I went to a physical therapist the summer of 2012 for 2 days a week as prescribed from my doctor. I only had a couple sessions because I was starting my fall semester of school and I dormed. When I got an MRI scan of my lower back my doctor told me that I had minor scoliosis or small curve. Since I was going to be dorming my physical therapist have me a paper of all the activities that I should do until the next time I see her again. It's 2014 I know and I have more time and patience. So I decided I was going to start the exercises. I was wonder how long I need to do these activities for in order for me to obtain a straight back
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. Correcting posture can take some time. It will require a disciplined commitment to the trea tment and exercises that were taught to you by your physiotherapist. The exact length of time it will take well depend on the severity of your scoliosis. The greater the curvature, the longer it will take to straighten. Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com