Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Lower back pian, all tims, worse after running

Lower back pian, all tims, worse after running

Patient: I have a problem with mylower back, has been 6 months now, feels as if its getting worse, gets really bad after running,and begins to spike down my legs when sitting, What could it be?

Doctor: Many runners get problems in their lower back and it is usually from muscle imbalances. For example when running you may be putting more pressure on your right side then left etc. I would go to a physiotherapist to get it checked out and if you don’t already have them, get some orthodics for your running shoes to help with your imbalances. Hope this helps.