Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Lower Belly Pain and Burning Sensation with Cloudy Urine

Lower Belly Pain and Burning Sensation with Cloudy Urine

Patient: Hiya i got a problem ive been suffering from lower belly and pelvic burning. my pee is dark cloudy yellow. i have had a 3 day course of trimethoprim but it seemed to make me feel worse can u suggest what can be still causing these symtoms as they are gettin to me now

Doctor: You are having a urinary tract infection that is why you were prescribed (I presume) Trimethoprim. You should go back to your doctor again and ask if the antibiotic should be changed. It is possible that the bacteria causing the infection is resistant to trimethoprim. Have it checked promptly because bacteria causing urinary tract infections can potentially invade the bloodstream. I hope this helps.