Lower gut cramping

Patient : Yes, I'm cramping abnormally in my lower gut. It's the 5th day of my period. I usally stay on for 7days. I cramp to the point to where I had to take my tampon out. My blood is flowing normal(so I think). I want to know what could be wrong.
Doctor :   If cramping is your only symptoms, I would take an over the counter pain medication to help relieve your symptoms.  If y you are having any fever, abnormal vaginal discharge or any other symptoms you do not usually have during your period - I would see your doctor.