Lower leg muscle pain

Patient

Q: When I walk on a treadmill my front and side of lower legs start to tighten and hurt. I have been walking for 2 weeks now and it seems to be getting worse instead of easier.i am wearing very good support shoes.

Symptoms:  Tighten muscles
Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

It is possible that you have an injury or a swelling to the area of the leg that is tight. I recommend that you try the following to help you:
Rest the leg and avoid using the treadmill till the pain stops or reduces significantly
Ice and heat the area using ice and hot or warm water to promote the flowing of blood
Compress the foot by using crepe bandage to reduce the swelling