Lower right back burning pain

Q: Hi doctor, I have excruciating lower right back pain, feels like an wire going from my lumber to right hip, burning, and full of pressure. It also goes in my groin and all over the thigh. Very full of pressure and burning. Ice and Advil help for 3-4 hrs, but comes back again. I tried stretching too, but did not help. Gets worse when I rest on couch, lie down at night. Would you please help me

Symptoms:  Just burning pain, full of pressure, no tenderness, no redness, no swelling

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
We understand your concern.
The pain you are describing is not of Meralgia Parasthesia.
It seems you have developed Prolapsed Intervertebral Disc (PIVD). Now this is causing the nerve compression and the pain is radiating to legs.
You need to see your doctor for this. He would get you an MRI Lumbo Sacral Spine done, that would reveal the problem.
Treatment would be based on the degree of prolapse.
If the compression is not severe, you will be prescribed Pregabalin and Methylcobalamin. Initially, you would require bed rest followed by physiotherapy.
I would advise you to do hot fomentation of back till you get medical help.
I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.