Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Lower side pain and no one knows my problem

Lower side pain and no one knows my problem

Patient: I have been having side pain. I went to the er and they did a ct scan. I don’t have a kidney stone even though the pain wasn’t coming from there area of my kidney. I later went back to the er because I couldn’t pee. they put a catheter in and then I could pee again. my pain subsided for about 2 weeks then returned but instead of not peeing, now I pee frequently. they said my bladded was constricted gave me a bladder relaxant. im still in pain. I also have been getting heartburn everytime I eat. trouble sleeping . headaches. nausea.

Symptoms: Nausea
heartburn
side pain
headaches

Doctor: Thanks for consulting us. This is looking like bladder dysfunction due to neurogenic bladder. Bladder filling as well as emptying is organized by 3 centers along the central nervous system, which act through peripheral nerves on receptors in the neuromuscular junctions of the muscles in the bladder, bladder neck, urethra, diaphragm, abdomen, and pelvic floor. Disease at any of these levels can cause bladder dysfunction. It require extensive evaluation before coming to a conclusion. Consult Urologist for further workup and treatment.