Lower stomach pains during sex

Patient

Q: For the past couple of days i have been getting really bad pains in the right side of my stomach whilst having sex, its that painfull that it makes me cry and i also havent had a period for nearly 7 weeks but i have done a pregnancy test and it said negitive

Doctor

A:   I understand how concerned you are about your painful right abdomen during intercourse. I will suggest you to consult a Gynecologist to rule out the possibility of a cyst in your right ovary; this could probably be the cause of your irregular menses and your pain. A more detailed history and exam is needed to rule out the definitive cause, an ultrasound might probably be needed to confirm the diagnosis.Also the possibility of pregnancy might need to be ruled out with a blood pregnancy test done by your healthcare provider. I wish you a prompt recovery.