Lumbar Bone on Bone – Spine.

Patient: I was scheduled for a lumbar fusion on September 8th but cancelled because husband has been diagnosed with a terminal illness. I have had 3 cortisone shots and lately going for deep massages and feeling pretty good – pain was going down the right leg. My diagnosis is bone on bone in the l5 or s1? I know I’m probably being really foolish – but my husband wants to snowmobile and I really want to go. What is the worst thing that could happen to my spine other than discomfort?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for your query.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. I think other than backach e and radiating pain to legs probably nothing is likely to happen. To prevent this, you can use lumbosacral belt (a type of lumbar support). Analgesic such as ibuprofen relieves this pain and discomfort.Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health. Take care.