Lump and low white blood cells

Q: Could you assist. I know a 1 year old family member that has a small lump on the back of her neck, and also currently has a low white blood cell count, however she's been tested for everything by doctors and they can't figure out whats wrong with her. Any ideas please?

Symptoms:  She seems completely fine in herself

A:   Thank you for your question. Without actually physically examining this lump we are unable to provide any specific reasons for its cause. It may be related to the low wbc count or it may be unrelated. Such lumps could be caused by sebaceous cysts, a swollen lymph node, a lipoma (which is a benign tumor consisting of fatty tissue).There could be other causes as well so we insist further examination is required. We recommend that since the child is quite young, that she be taking to be examined by her pediatrician.

Thank you for choosing