Lump appeared out of scar

Patient

Q: Hello,

I had my appendix out at the beginning of last year and it has left a couple of scars - one around my belly button and one to the left hand side. Everything has been fine but the last month I have had a lump grow out of the end of the scar in my belly button. I have uploaded a picture for reference.

It started off feeling soft but stupidly I tried to squeeze it and it now feels hard. It isn't painful unless pushed on pretty forcefully. It doesn't effect day to day activities. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? Will be making an appointment with the doctor soon enough.

Cheers,

Dave

Lump appeared out of scar-1
Doctor