Lump Feeling in throat

Patient

Q: I am an 18 year old female and have recently gone to the doctor for cold like symptoms and was told that I have a sinus infection and bronchitis. I am on my fourth day of the Z-pak anti-biodic azythromicin, but I have a lump like sensation in the left hand side of my throat when I swallow and doesnt bother me otherwise. the sensation is less noticible if I am swalling something like water, for example. I am really worried as to what this could be, as different types of cancer run in my family. On a side note, i had my tonsils removed about a year ago, but the sensation is not in the area of where my tonsils were.

Symptoms:  Coughing
feeling of lump in bottom left side of throat when swallowing
Doctor