Lump in my scrodum

Q: Ihave a lump on the back side of my scrodum i felt it friday and it has gotten larger and more unconfortable in the past two days. what should i do and what type of docter should i see? could it be just a swollon glad or something more searious?

A:   A scrotal lump is often a cause of great concern. It is important to have this abnormality investigated by a doctor. Scrotal lump could be a groin hernia, an abscess, a hydrocele or testicular cancer. You will need to see a urologist who will examine you and order the appropriate tests to arrive at a diagnosis. Given the relative rapid development of your symptoms, I am more inclined to think you have developed a groin hernia or have a hydrocele. Both of these conditions require elective surgery to be remedied.