x
Browse
164 Physicians Online

Question:

Lump in my Throat

My throat feels tight wehere my adams apple is and it feels like a lump in my throat when i swollaow is this normal?

Answer:

All the muscles of the mouth, pharynx, throat, larynx, esophagus and stomach work together to help you swallow solid foods and drinks. Any weakness of these muscles or infection in the throat may produce symptoms. Normally the process of swallowing is well co ordinated and you do not have any lumpy or sticky feeling in your throat. You may visit your doctor for examination of your mouth and throat for any infection, lump or muscle weakness that may be present.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA