Lump in on the upper part of my labia majora near the mons pubis

Patient : I have a lump in on the upper part of my labia majora near the mons pubis. It's sensitive to the touch and really hurts whenever I bump it. It hurts when I cross my legs and sometimes when I walk. It's slightly pink. It's swollen. What could it be?
Symptoms:  Painful, slightly pink, swollen lump on mons pubis.
Doctor :   If it outside to Labia, it could be Furunculosis, that is infection of hair follicles. If it is inside to Labia, it cou ld be Bartholin gland cyst. Consult Gynaecologist; it subsides with antibiotics and anti inflammatory medicines if it is at initial stage. If it advanced stage, it canbe dealt with minor procedure.

Related Q&A

Q: Husband is 43 years old and has been on prograf and cellcept for last 7 years due to heart transplant. Levels of prog...

Q: I have an unstable spondylolisthesis. Over the last year and a half I have been hitting the bottle pretty hard to de...

Q: I had a PET scan and the results are in but my doctor is on vacation. Can you help?

Q: Two weeks ago I have a large ulcer on my right tonsil, it has since healed and can no longer be seen. I religiously r...

Q: My son has pyogenic granulomas can you tell me what it is please it's on the middle of his chest it's always bleeding...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon