Lump on bottom of jaw

Patient : I have a lump that is on the bottom of my jaw. The lump is at the back of my mouth and is swollen that you can notice it. What is this? should I see a dentist or doctor?
Symptoms:  lump
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting us. First check the consistency of the cyst. If it is hard it could be related to teeth or bony st ructures. If it is related to dental, there will be associated caries or gingivitis. It could be dentegerous cyst. If the consistency is soft, possibility is Ranula or cyst of salivary gland ducts. Consult your Dentist and Surgeon for work up.