x
69 Physicians Online

Question:

Lump on Spine in Child

My 4 year old has a small .75 inch or so lump on her spine about midway down her back. We've only noticed it in the past 1-2 weeks. She says it's not tender. She did bump her back a few weeks ago in the same spot but not very hard. Is it something to be concerned about?

Answer:

I would advice you to keep a watch on the lump. If it has occure due to trauma it should typically reduce in size. However if the size increases or there is some tenderness and pain I would advice you to get it checked out by a physician in person for a more indepth analysis and investigations. All the best.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.