x
Browse
157 Physicians Online

Question:

Lump on vagina - Bartholin`s cyst?

I have a lump the size of a grape outside the lip of my vagina bit under the skin..what might this be?

Answer:

The lump may be an enlarged bartholin gland, that is located at the entrance to a woman's vagina, one on each side. They are small and cannot be seen or felt when they are normal. They may enlarge due to infections or blockage of the glands, and may need treatment if it does not reduce or go away within a few days on its own. Best home treatment is to have sitz bath 3 to 4 times a day for at least 15 minutes each. If pain, redness, fever or other symptoms start to develop, it may be a sign of infection or abscess formation and in that case you will need antibiotics.

Guest Says: What's a sitz bath?

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

Dr. Suneel Sharman

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Kunaal Jindal

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA