Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Lump under chin by throat tender

Lump under chin by throat tender

Patient: Lump under chin by throat tender

Doctor: Hi,Welcome to Ask the Doctor. Thanks for your query.> You have provided us with as little information that It is highly difficult for us to guess what help you actually want from us.> However according to your history you have lump under chin by throat tender. It is very difficult for us to comment on the lump as we have not seen it.> That lump can be either a Lipoma, fibroma or cyst. Any swelling in the body requires a thorough physical examination to know what actually it is.> I sincerely request you to visit a Surgeon near you and get the swelling examined, and hence further management can be planned accordingly.> And also you said that you have a tender throat, this can be either due to the lump or may be due to the throat inflammation.> If it is due to throat inflammation, then try to do warm water gargle with some salt added in it, 2-3 times daily and try to drink warm fluids as well. This shall help you.> If this does not help then you will have to get your throat examined by a ENT Doctor.Hope I have answered your question in detail.Wish you good health.Take care.