Lump under chin by throat tender

Patient

Q: Lump under chin by throat tender

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Welcome to Ask the Doctor. Thanks for your query.

> You have provided us with as little information that It is highly difficult for us to guess what help you actually want from us.

> However according to your history you have lump under chin by throat tender. It is very difficult for us to comment on the lump as we have not seen it.

> That lump can be either a Lipoma, fibroma or cyst. Any swelling in the body requires a thorough physical examination to know what actually it is.

> I sincerely request you to visit a Surgeon near you and get the swelling examined, and hence further management can be planned accordingly.

> And also you said that you have a tender throat, this can be either due to the lump or may be due to the throat inflammation.

> If it is due to throat inflammation, then try to do warm water gargle with some salt added in it, 2-3 times daily and try to drink warm fluids as well. This shall help you.

> If this does not help then you will have to get your throat examined by a ENT Doctor.

Hope I have answered your question in detail.

Wish you good health.
Take care.